lunes, 18 de julio de 2011

Fighting for Your Goals

There is a lot of people in the world, boys, girls, men, women, etc, but the very important people is a just a part of human race. That is why this time I am going to write about a very important person I have met. I met this person at Colegio Internacional de Guatemala in a conference at the gymnasium that this person gave us. It was a special day at school so we had a civic act and also they invited people that make delicious food if I might say, but this wasn’t all. The teachers before the civic act started told us that they had a surprise to us and that a very important person was coming to the school. They told us that he was important but I never thought that he would be so brave and important that he is considered like a Guatemalan sports symbol. This important person for me and for a lot of people too is Juan Carlos Sagastume, he is from Guatemala and he likes many sports and also likes people and kids. He is small like 1 meter and 70 centimeters, dark hair, brown eyes, thin and muscular and I still remember that the day he went to our school he was dressed with a black shirt, jeans and he was wearing some brown flip flops. He is an incredible person not only for what he does but also because as a person he is nice and very happy. The topic of the conference he gave us was “never give up” and I like it very much because I thought it was the perfect conference for me and that it was addressed to me. There were a couple of things that Juan Carlos Sagastume did that really were like WOW, that impressed me like no other thing before, one of them was all the marathons he did not only here but on other countries and sometimes easier but other times much more difficult.  One of the many things that really impressed me that Juan Carlos did is a very difficult marathon in an African desert. This desert marathon, I think it was on Sahara Desert, was an incredible thing. It was 212 kilometers long and obviously they had to rest and drink a lot of water, this is why they completed the marathon in 3 days. Juan Carlos showed us some photos he and his teammates take from those days in the Sahara Desert and they were perfect, until he showed a photo from his feet and all the blisters and bruises they had. It was ugly and he said it hurt like hell like something we didn´t wanted to feel in our lives. Another thing that caught my attention was a marathon that Juan Carlos did in Alaska. It was 520 kilometers long, and only a few people participated on this dangerous race. Juan Carlos said it was exhausting not only because he got tired but also the cold and the heavy cloth he had to carry. It was very dangerous because if he got caught in a snow storm he had a few chances to live, or if he got hypothermia or if some fingers froze, the chances to stay alive were only a few. The most amazing thing Juan Carlos Sagastume did and that really caught my attention was, rowed across the Atlantic Ocean. He did this journey on 2009 with the help of a very good friend of hi´s. His friend was from London and liked the things that Juan Carlos did and accepted to help him. It was the most difficult thing he did. The trip took a entire month and it was so difficult that when they spotted land they started to cry and tried to give their best effort and rowed for the last 5 hours without stopping. They won the Guinness Record because the Atlantic Ocean was never crossed on a boat with oars. I decided to write about this person not only for what he has done but also because he made me to seek for the things that I really want and to never give up, always be positive and try to look for the good things out of the worse moments in life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario