lunes, 11 de julio de 2011

Personal Rituals

A personal ritual is any formal act, institution, or procedure that is followed consistently. I have my personal ritual every week and it is very strange I might say but is something I need to do in order to get what I want. I have soccer practices all the time, starting on Monday and finishing on Thursday, and on Thursday´s at the end of the practice our coaches give us the date and hour of our weekend game. The games are usually always on Saturdays the only thing that changes is the hour. Here is where my personal ritual starts. On Fridays I start to relax and be mentally prepared for the big moment and try to get all the bad things out of me and just try to be happy and relaxed for the big moment. I hang out with my neighbors all the day and we always have a football match on the field and I´m the quarterback of my team. We play until we are exhausted, and the first thing we do is get to the closest house from us and drink gallons of water until we are about to explode. After doing all this stuff we always end up very hungry so at night we call Pizza Hut and other some delicious, spicy and crunchy pepperoni and mushroom pizza for all of us. We wait for the pizza at the security booth because we like to get a little far or get away from the society and parents, and eat our pizza on the sports club from our condominium and laugh or hear some music or also sometimes we eat on the gym because there is a TV and watch a movie or something. I get home around 10:00 or 10:30pm to start arranging my things for my Saturdays soccer games. I arrange my cloth but I have or follow a pattern to arrange them. First I pull out from my closet the camp elite team´s shirt, then my short, later I take out my boxer and the soccer shoes I like the most, this will be my adizero F50 turf orange ADIDAS shoes, and my F50 bag where I  keep my stuff. After this I wash my teeth and put on my pajama and sleep like a baby until the next day. My alarm clock wakes me up always 2 or 3 hours before the soccer match so I turn it off and first make my bed and then get down for breakfast. I usually like 3 eggs and some cheese or jam and milk or orange juice for breakfast. After taking my breakfast I go upstairs again and watch some TV. I really don´t like to take a bath before a soccer game because then I would relax, my muscles would relax and I will be playing not bad but not the way I like to play, so instead of taking a shower or bath I just get my hair all wet and I wash my face because that way I woke up in a quicker way. Then I take my time to get all dressed up and the last piece of cloth I put are the socks because I use double sock, first I put a casual white socks made of cotton and then I put my red soccer socks and finally my shoes. I have to get out of my home 45 minutes before the game because I live very far from the soccer place, so that when I get there I will still have some time to warm up and to talk with my coaches and teammates. Before the game is about to start I tie up my shoes and buy some water or powerade and drink a little bit to get hydrated before the match starts. Finally I get inside the field and warm up a little bit more and when the referee starts de match I just do my best.

1 comentario:

  1. José Pablo:

    Why on earth did you start with the definition! This isn't a "formal" essay, but a "creative essay." Bring me in personally, and in a way that will interest me right away!

    Also, be sure to watch grammar; you overuse commas quite often, and need to break your writing up into paragraphs. Try to use more concrete language that gives me a mental picture of whatever it is you're talking about. What do you DO to relax? How do you FEEL?

    Why three eggs? Is it habit, or is there a reason to eat protein?


    Details! Details! Details!

    ResponderEliminar