lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

Weather, a Double-Edged Sword

If you are the kind of person that thinks that sometimes the weather is against you or betrays you or that sometimes when you say that is a beautiful day, then it becomes awful, this is the perfect piece of writing that will understand your feelings and let you to express them. I am the kind of person that likes when the days are always perfect with a blue without clouds sky,  the beautiful Sun, I like the day to be warm not hot nor cold I like it warm and also I like everything to be calm and everything to be the perfect day if you understand me. Sometimes I think that the weather can hear me because every time the day is beautiful, I say or think to myself that it is perfect and that hopefully it will stay like that all day and a few hours later BANG! It changed completely. Yet, for my luck sometimes the day changes just a little bit like instead of being warm it is cold, but some other times it changes from being sunny to be raining and with thunders and very strong winds. One day I had a soccer game in the place where I practice and it was at 4:30 in the afternoon, I think it was a Wednesday. I still remember it was a wonderful day and that was sunny, cool and comfortable. I was very happy that day because I had done well in school, had no work to do and my grandmother, who lives in Costa Rica, was visiting here in Guatemala. That happiness did not last long because I usually sleep in the car on the way to Futeca and when I got there it was RAINING, so I got out of the car very mad and so pissed off that I didn´t said goodbye to my mother and didn´t greet my coaches nor my teammates and only sit down and wait for a miracle to stop the rain. I was in Futeca half an hour before the game get started, so I had time to warm up a bit, freshen up and be calm and I had time to stretch and talk to the coaches.  It was already time to start the match and it didn´t stopped raining but for my luck the referee was 45 minutes late and we stayed inside the gym and waited and nothing happened. When the referee got to the field we started to stretch and warm up when suddenly a teammate came to me and said, “Come on Mena you can do it, it is just about wanting and acting and everything is on the mind, you are good at this and you need to believe in yourself. You are the fastest person in here so it is better for you because when the field is wet the more the ball spins so use your weaknesses and convert them into your best friend!” this entered my mind and never got out and I just thought positive and did all I knew, practiced and improved over the weeks before this important match. I realized I was faster than I thought because every long ball someone passed to me was easy to reach and since this time I always review the words my teammate said to me and they are really true, once you get to control your mind the rest is easy. After this soccer match, every other was more easy and now it does not matter if it is a sunny day or a horrible, raining day, the only thing that matters is to do my best every time and never but never give up, always pursuit your goals and try to achieve them the best way you can. The weather should not affect you after reading this instead you should affect the weather and be always positive. It does not matter if is a wonderful day or horrible but what matters is that you get over it, step on it and BANG! Follow your way.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario